We are all looking to improve how bright and nice our smile looks to others. So today we shall review just how simple it is to take care of our teeth. After all, without proper care, our pearly whites are subjected to get stained and discolored.
But first let’s review that the discoloration of the teeth is merely cosmetic. If it does not affect functionality or our bite, then there is not much to worry about! Of course, there are plenty of treatments and procedures you can get in order to whiten them in no time.
If you are interested in very professional treatment while keeping the prices low, you can contact us to get in touch with dentists in Los Algodones.
Take a good look at what you are using
There are a lot of things you can get and not get in order to improve your oral habits. Essentially, there should always be a product for your specific needs.
First of all we have the toothbrush you use, which is important to have a soft bristled one. This will help you not harm your tooth enamel, as we want to get rid of food and bacteria, not your whole teeth.
- Choose a toothbrush that goes well with the size of your mouth. Too big or too small can prove difficult to reach the faraway places.
- Pay close attention to brushing all of your teeth. And keep in mind that it has to be gentle brushing, as we wish to remove plaque and food remains.
- Make sure to swap it for a new one after 3 to 4 months.
- Always keep it in a vertical position and in a dry environment.
- And also, remember to brush the inside of your cheeks as well as your tongue.
Next, we have the toothpaste and the use of it. The toothpaste is a very important part as it has several agents very beneficial for our teeth and our smile. Without it, brushing by itself would not be as effective!
- So first of all, there are a great number of toothpastes to choose from. Either if you are a smoker, or have sensitive teeth, or suffer from decay often, there is a toothpaste for you.
- Using too much toothpaste generally makes you finish brushing earlier than intended. The recommended by our dentists in Los Algodones is 2 minutes, which can be easily accomplished while listening to a song.
- Keep in mind that you want the toothpaste to be in contact with all of your teeth. Sometimes people forget this and when they spit out, they keep brushing with nothing.
Just like with the toothpaste, there a great variety of mouthwashes as well. But first it is important to know that there are actually two types of mouthwash: cosmetic and therapeutic. The first one is just to freshen your smile and mask odor. The second one is more towards dealing with problems and can contribute to the dental health.
- It is a good idea to keep more than one mouthwash nearby. There are several to choose from, and they can help against bad breath, gingivitis, tooth decay and more!
- Also make sure to read the label for the proper instruction and how to use. Some might be needed to dilute in water, others are good to go.
- It is recommended to swish your mouth for at least 60 seconds before finishing.