The Many Benefits Of Fluoride
Fluoride is the unbeatable mineral that aids and strengthen our dear pearly whites. By having it in our daily diet it drops the probability to get tooth decay dramatically. And if you are a parent and wary about your kids’ dental health, then you are in the right place!
With fluoride in nearly every toothpaste around the corner, just what does this exactly do?
Essentially, fluoride is a mineral that is commonly found in a variety of foods and water. It is a very friendly component that helps in the process of remineralization in our teeth.
Our teeth enamel gets worn down through several reasons, through foods, bacteria, even grinding our teeth together. And this is normal, the teeth are in a constant demineralization and remineralization process at all times. For this very reason, we have to make sure the remineralization happens faster and more constant than the demineralization.
You certainly must know how our water supplies are contain fluoride, yes? Naturally, water yields a very small amount of fluoride, which is hardly enough to bring any benefit. After many studies and tests, it was proven how just adding a little bit more helped prevent a big number of cases of tooth decay in children and adults alike.
Where can I find fluoride nowadays?
Fluoride comes in many forms: toothpastes, mouthwashes and rinses, gels, foods, and even tap water! There also exist fluoride supplements in the form of tablets and liquids, but these must be prescribed by a professional.
Even through dental visits, when your dentist is cleaning your teeth, they might use a special gel with a high concentration of fluoride onto your teeth. There is no risk in this as it is applied by a professional and following strict directions.
- As you have read before, it helps remineralize the teeth, so it helps a ton against tooth decay and cavities! There have been a good amount of tests performed where people with and without fluoride in their diets are compared. Needless to say, those who do have this mineral in their side have had healthier smiles!
- The amount of time and money saved from dental procedures is astounding. It is very cheap to fluoridate water, so the overall cost to dental procedure is very noticeable.
- It works on everybody, no matter their age. By drinking your tap water or using a toothpaste, you are guarantee to be in the healthier smile side. Of course, that is not a proper excuse to skip brushing and flossing!
- It is absolutely, a hundred percent safe and effective. It is undoubtedly one of the best great public health achievements there is. Even the American Dental Association (ADA) recognize its long time benefits for all communities.
- It is an all natural solution, as it is naturally present in water. The fluoridated water supplies is merely adjusting the levels to a degree where its benefits are more present. Essentially, it is like adding vitamins and minerals to foods and drinks!
Los Algodones, Mexico is home to the best dentists in all over the place. If you wish to get in contact with them you can do so through here. We offer very cheap prices compared to those in the United States and Canada!