All On 4: What You Need To Know
In today’s article, we shall be explaining what the All on 4 procedure is about. As it stands, the All on 4 is a very reliable, efficient and relatively quick procedure for those who want a full set of teeth back. Ever since its development, it has brought the confidence to many people to smile again.
You will be learning how it is done, its benefits and what it does! So if you are thinking about getting it or you are about to, then you will ease up on your worries.
We call All on 4 the procedure where four dental implants are used to hold a whole set of the patient’s teeth. In other words, with only four titanium implants, there is sufficient support for all the upper or lower teeth.
This is possible thanks to the technique used, where two of the dental implants are sideways. This makes it possible with just four dental implants to support the whole dental bridge.
This technique has been in use for about two decades, and it has given amazing results in all patients. So much that as soon as the procedure is over, the patient can use their set of teeth immediately. That is, there is no time lag, just to show just how powerful the All on 4 are.
What benefits does it bring?
- It is very fast and convenient. You are able to chew and talk normally the very same day the procedure is done. Even if your gum tissue needs to heal, you will be issued with temporary prosthetics, which do the job famously as well.
- It is more affordable. As opposed to All on 6 and All on 8, the All on 4 only requires 4 dental implants. These implants are made of titanium alloy.
- They are very durable and long lasting, and does not cause discomfort at all. Being made of titanium, it has no issue integrating with your bone and skin. In the end you get a very sturdy and reliable set of teeth.
- It looks perfectly normal, so you can eat, speak, laugh and smile with total confidence. They look and work just like natural teeth.
- They are a fixed solution, so you do not need to remove them. As opposed to dentures where if they do not fit properly they can fall off, the All on 4 will stay in place and will not budge.
- It requires little maintenance: brushing and dental visits will keep them in top form. So do not slack with those habits!
- The dentist will rule out possibilities through tests and exams in order to label you as eligible. This is essential, as the bone structure of the patient has to be checked. If everything is good, they will then proceed to talk to you about the procedure to clear all your questions.
- The day of the appointment, sedation will be used to avoid all pain. As for the procedure itself, it is as simple as placing the dental implants in your mouth. Two of them will be vertical in the front, and the two in the back will be tilted 45 degrees. This not only makes it more stable but helps making the healing easier on the patient.
- The whole area is cleaned and.. it is done! Your dentist will advise you to not eat hard foods as well as avoid certain habits as it begins to heal. Once the healing is done, you will be fitted with permanent prosthetics.