Orthodontic treatment can improve our smile, self esteem and overall facial appearance enormously.In fact there now exists methods that work in months rather than years to straighten teeth effectively. Accelerated Orthodontics are processes aimed at providing treatment in the shortest period of time.
Accelerated Orthodontics methods of treatment;
- AcceleDent method, is a hands-free device with an activator that the patient wears for up to 20 minutes a day. It fits around existing orthodontic appliances such as braces, and uses a gentle pulsing technology to speed up the movement of your teeth according to the position of your braces.
- Propel Alveocentesis method, stimulates the bone around the teeth to increase cytokine activity. This makes remodeling of the bone easier and faster, and has the benefit of being able to target specific, individual teeth when necessary.new way to increase the cytokine activity called
- Propel Micro-Osteoperforation (MOP), increases cytokine activity followed by applying force to move the teeth into the desired position.
- Surgical removal of tooth tissue between the teeth, in order to provide space for tooth movement.
These methods require the use of retainers for approximately six months after alignment is achieved. This in order to enable the bone to recover and to keep the teeth’s new positions stable. During this process, you’ll need to pay particular attention to your oral hygiene.
Accelerated orthondic treatments are available if you have all your permanent teeth present and a healthy bone structure. An assessment of your overall oral and facial functions, photographs of your face and the interior of your mouth. X-rays and dental impressions can help to determine your bite and prepare models for the teeth.
Costs of accelerated orthodontics through surgery varies, yet averages significantly above the cost of traditional braces. Because it’s a combination of several different types of procedures.
- Straightens your teeth in the shortest period of time.
- There may be less pain and discomfort.
- Less office visits.
- Overall these methods are both confortable and offer long-term benefits such as reduced chance of calcification.
- Discomfort may occur after surgery.
- A specialized orthodontist must conduct the procedure.
Crooked teeth do not fit together correctly as a result they are harder to keep clean and are at risk for tooth decay and gum disease. This is why it’s important to keep up with our brushing and flossing routine.
General recommendations post treatment may be;
- Interdental brushes or floss threaders in order to get in between your teeth for more effective cleaning.
- Fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush are ideal for cleaning teeth with braces.
- The use of fluoride mouthwash to rinse after brushing and flossing, to help prevent cavities and white spots.
- A mouthguard to prevent damage to your orthodontic work.
Finally we can conclude that through alignment of the teeth and jaw our smile and oral health can be improved tremendously . Various methods of accelerated orthodontics are available schedule an appointment with us today for an assessment on eligibility and begin your journey to a more beautiful smile.