This procedure was created in order to solve some of the problems that arise in our oral cavity with dental pieces. It belongs to the implantology branch (in charge of dental implant placement).
Its name comes from the use of 4 implants in each jaw, although depending on the situation of each patient, it may be necessary to use more implants, generally 6, thus becoming “All-on-6” and not “All-on-4”.
In order to carry out the All-on-4 procedure with complete success, it’s necessary that the patient have undergone a series of medical studies, in order to accurately disclose the patient’s oral health and thus establish the most appropriate treatment in your case.
Stage of “All-on-4” technique
In this way, in the first stage of the All-on-4 surgery, dental pieces will be extracted (if they have any) and then the implants will be placed, which will be anchored to the jaw bone, and therefore are the ones that will hold the prostheses.
It should be noted that the All-on-4 procedure has an immediate function, that is, at the same time as the implant surgery, a definitive prosthesis can be placed, which will perfectly fulfill both the aesthetic and functional functions, or a provisional one, it all depends on the patient’s decision. All-on-4 is a simple and painless surgical procedure, which will not cause any discomfort for the patient.
Benefits of “All-on-4” technique
Also All-on-4 is a technique that is subject to many advantages, among which stand out:
- The patient saves treatment time and reduces visits to the oral specialist.
- The patient can withdraw in the same day with the sensation of instant improvement in all its functions.
- It allows you to regain aesthetic capacity, which generates a psychological sensation of reduction in social pressure.
- It’s a cheaper procedure. The price is usually lower than other types of dental implant treatments.
- It doesn’t have difficulty cleaning; the care is carried out the same as with natural dental pieces.
- No need for periodic adjustments or maintenance appointments in a short time. Once the jaw heals properly, you don’t need any special visits to the dentist. Going every 6 months will be enough.
- The patient can eat all kinds of food without any problem. The prostheses placed during the technique have the ability to withstand the pressure exerted by any type of food.
- The prosthesis looks and feels natural. You will never notice anything unusual about your dentures, as they are made with the bite of each patient; they use a suitable color of dental pieces and are practically indistinguishable from natural teeth.
- It cannot be removed without the help of a dentist.
- The patient can speak and smile with complete confidence.
The All-on-4 or All-on-four procedure is an investment in your future. Specifically, when it comes to investments in quality of life, personal and professional relationships.